Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Best Advice: My Parents, God and Goddess


Saraswati and Krishna
The best advice I got in life came from my parents. My mother was the archetypal goddess of wisdom symbolized in Saraswati, and my father was the archetypal healer and warrior. His name was Krishna and, like the divine Krishna, he embodied the knowledge and perseverance that guides us on the battlefield of life.
From an early age they impressed upon me through their words and actions that "True success comes from self-power."
True success was defined as:
  • Progressive realization of worthy goals
  • The ability to love and have compassion
  • To be in touch with the creative power in your inner most being at all times.
Self-power was defined as coming from the level of the soul or core consciousness beyond the ego mask. It had the following characteristics:
  • Independence from the good and bad opinions of others but responsive to feedback (personally immune to flattery and criticism)
  • Fearlessness
  • Beneath no one (also superior to no one)
Furthermore, I was told that my core being was a field of infinite possibilities, infinite creativity, comfortable with uncertainty, synchronicity, and imbued with the power of intention and choice.
These simple principles have guided my entire life and my journey as a physician and healer.
Source:Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment